Sunday, June 15, 2008

born again

After I found out about the MO gig, I realized I know someone close (2.5 hours away) from the resort that I’ll be working. He used to be one of my closest friends for about a year here in NYC. He is another piano player/singer and also writes beautiful music. Well about 3 years ago he left NYC and found his way back home where he promptly found the Lord and decided that he wasn’t gay anymore. Now he is thick into the morass of having accepted Jesus Christ into his heart as his personal lord and savior, and all that goes with that. I really don’t think we will have much to talk about. I suspect I may scare him because I represent everything that he used to be. And I’m happy…and that may be the scariest thing for him. At best, I expect to find him distasteful and boring. At worst…well, I shudder to go down that path. It continues to boggle my mind at how really intelligent and highly creative people can get caught up in such a cult-like mentality. I’ll write more after I see him, probably sometime this week.

No comments: