Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Update from NYC

Am I the last person to get a facebook profile? I finally signed up and within a day I reconnected with about 20 people I haven't talked to in forever, including someone I dated 20 years ago. Anyway, if you know enough about me to look up my facebook profile, feel free to ad me as a friend.

I finished my N.C. gig and came back to New York in time to head to the Poconos for a huge family reunion that was great fun. Then back to NYC. My Missouri gig cancelled on me for August, but I have been invited down to Georgia for a tryout gig next week. I'm excited. I am up to 92 songs memorized, including 7 call-downs, some of which I wrote. The NC job did a lot to increase my confidence and I have gotten several very supportive allies in the past few months. I have officially promoted myself from trainee to newbie. Woohoo!!

My apartment building that I currently rent from just gave me a renewal offer that is 20% above my current rent. I responded with a counter-offer that will likely be denied (a 1% increase), and so I will have to rethink my living situation for an October move. I am really not sure what to do. I expect that I will be out on the road a lot this year, or perhaps even relocating somewhere for 6-12 months although I don't know where yet.

No comments: