Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trouble

One of my closest friends is in trouble. She went to the cardiologist for some tests, and I guess her EKG was irregular and she had had some heaviness in her chest and this was enough to the doc to send her speeding in the back of an ambulance to the local hospital. Once there they did more tests, including a cardiac catherization and a CT scan. Although they found no blockages in the heart when they did the cath, they did find what they think is a cancerous tumor in the lungs when they did the CT scan. So although the immediate danger seems to have passed, she is very scared, and stuck in this hospital until Monday when they can biopsy the tumor and get more clarity. It took me a day to recall that several years ago I agreed to be her medical proxy, which means if she were ever to become unable to speak for herself, I would be the one to make the medical decisions.

No comments: