Friday, July 24, 2009

More apartment drama

Well after 3 weeks, my new roommate has decided to end our arrangement. Something about his partner's mother getting into a car wreck, and his partner needing to buy her a new car, so he can't afford 2 rent payments...blah, blah, blah. It really pisses me off because he knew that I was looking for a longterm commitment and before I met him I had already turned down several offers for short-term rental of my apartment. But, he gave me 30 days notice as he is required, so what can I say. Somehow I knew this situation was too good to be true. At least I haven't moved the piano back. So now I'm putting the apartment back on the rental market, and also searching for another part-time roommate. A major drain of time.

This weekend I'm back in the midwest, near Chicago, working two nights. I realized my September calender is not yet booked, so I sent out a couple of emails today, trolling for work. In other random news, I'm toying with the idea of taking a couple of weeks of in Dec and going to the Philippines.

About 13 days ago I got some kind of virus, and last weekend I dealt with some major intestinal problems while working in KS. I don't think the virus has actually completely left my body, even though I'm feeling much better.

One last note. You don't arrest someone in their own home just because they are indignant and raise their voice. I don't care how right the cop may have been up to that point, but once he determined that Gates was the owner of the home, he should have respectfully removed himself, no matter how angry Gates was. I don't believe it was a race thing. I think it was an ego thing. This is why I really detest most cops. So many things turn into pissing contests, and if their ego is threatened, they use the power of their office to make themselves feel better or more powerful, with total disregard for what is best for society at that moment. By their very actions, they create many of the problems that we pay them to solve. And they do it in a way that, at first glance seems correct (sort of like passive-agressives), but underneath is a seething cauldron of arrogance and complete lack of respect for the very society they swore to serve. They should take lessons from flight attendants. These folks know how to handle difficult people without anyone getting arrested.

No comments: