Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dueling dream

I dreamed i was in college (but it was now) and was doing this Dueling gig. My partner had already gotten up on stage and begun his first song when I realized that I was walking around completely naked. I signaled him that I was leaving for a minute and then ran to my room to get some clothes. I couldn't find my room right away and now I was actutely aware of my nakedness. Finally I found my room and my roommate (who I didn't know) was there with his girlfriend. I quickly got dressed, but realized I had put on a turtleneck and a wool sweater. Knowing that this would be absurdly hot on stage, I proceeded to take off the sweater, but as I was getting ready to run out the door I realized that I had just replaced it with another heavy wool sweater. This repeated itself 3 or 4 times until I got it right. I ran out the room and realized I left my microphone and songlist on another piano in the school. So I found that and ran back to the performance space, almost 50 minutes late. By this time I had two partners on stage and they were both pissed.

No comments: