Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I finally worked it all out after hashing over several options with friends and family. My roommate and I were going down to Philly for the holiday. My friend Michael was going to pick us up in Trenton and go to his family’s home for dinner and then drive us to Philly for dessert with my family. After dessert my Uncle was going to drive us back to N. Jersey where we would bus back into NYC. All this went to shit when I woke up vomiting at 8:00am. I don’t know whether it was the four (yes, only 4) drinks over the course of 4 hours that I had the night before or whether it was a stomach flu or I ate bad food but I spent the better part of the morning vomiting until going back to bed at 11. When I woke at 2:30 I felt somewhat better but still very fragile. I canceled all my plans and Roommate and I spent the day setting up shelving we had bought 2 weeks ago, and unpacking our final boxes from our move 6 weeks ago. Then we crashed dinner at Roommate’s brother’s house with a bunch of Ecuadorian’s that we had never met before. They were nice, it was fun and there was even a proper blessing at the beginning of the meal. By the time we returned to our apartment, I felt almost completely healed. I caught up with my brother by cell and then we watched a really bad kitchy movie starring Ru Paul. I crashed at 1am.

No comments: