Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Judy Garland Show

It happened. Another Judy Garland tribute show held at the Duplex. I was surprisingly pleased with how it went. My singer got through her show and the audience (mostly her friends) really enjoyed it. She started out nervous and was rushing through things, and I was able to make her take things a bit less seriously through some unscripted onstage interaction. I was complimented after the show by many of the people who attended, specifically upon the energy and repoire between myself and the singer. That made me happy. I really felt as though I did a nice job supporting her, and that of course is the totality of my job once the lights come up. There was one very important NYC cabaret personage in the audience that saw me perform, I believe for the first time. It was all good. The singer (Judy) asked if I would continue to be her music director for future shows, and I'm excited to to do so as I have many things to teach her...things that have been passed on to me from those wiser and more experienced.

No comments: