Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Apartment update

I got good news today. My tenant has told me he will stay on for an additional 5 months, which means I don't have to deal with the very trying task of finding another tenant until June. He is really the perfect tenant. He is a 40-something gay man from Paris doing business development for a European company which wires me the rent money directly into my bank account every month. For my part I have attended to his issues as they come up, and he is very content to have me as a landlord. Speaking of which, apparently the refrigerator in the apartment has been getting noisier and noisier over the past several months, so I found a repair person off of Craigslist who came over and wanted $245 to replace the fan and do general maintenance. It didn't seem right and I sent him away. But I'm stuck trying to find a reasonably priced appliance repair person that won't rip me off.

No comments: