Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dueling piano newer playlist

I rehearsed my singer today for her Judy Garland show on Saturday. I brought in a friend of mine to direct her, and sat back and watched him in amazement as he helped her transform her entire presentation. I have rarely seen such a good coach. He was able to immediately figure out the essence of what was missing in her show and help her achieve it. In two hours time he brought out wonderful moments of honest and compelling intensity. All 3 of us realized it, and it was thrilling to watch. I just hope she remembers to summon that same energy while she is up on stage doing the show on Saturday.

Between rehearsals I stopped by the restaurant that my roommate works at and made him feed me angel hair pasta with tomato basil sauce while I listed to a new playlist on my iPhone. It was from a rock songlist that a couple of the dueler pianists compiled of some "newer" requests including:

When I Come Around - Green Day
Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
Small Things - Blink 182
Crazy Game of Poker - O.A.R.
The Impression That I Get - Reel Big Fish
Discovery Channel - Bloodhound Gang
Get a Job - Offspring (Obladi, Cecilia mix)
Song for the Dumped - Ben Folds 5
Inside Out - Eve 6
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Machinehead - Bush
I'm Just a Girl - No Doubt
All Summer Long - Kid Rock
Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver
I Wanna Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
Another Loser Anthem Song - Good Charlotte
What I got - Sublime
Beverly Hills - Weezer
Because I Got High - Afroman
Say it Ain't So - Weezer
Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
All Apologies - Nirvana
No Rain - Blind Melon
Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town - Pearl Jam
Angel - Shaggy (Joker)
What's Up - 4 non Blondes
Rehab Song - Amy Winehouse
Bartender Song - Rehab
Creep - Radiohead
Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Taylor - Jack Johnson
Steal My Kisses or Burn one Down - Ben Harper
Waiting on the World to Change, Why Georgia Why or No Such Thing - John Mayer
I Will Buy You A New Life or Father of Mine - Everclear
What Would You Say - Dave Matthew's Band
Ants Marching - Dave Matthew's Band
Two Step - Dave Matthews Band
Trippin' Billies - Dave Matthews Band
Hook - Blues Traveler
Run Around - Blues Traveler
The Mountains Win Again - Blues Traveler
Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
Jeremy - Pearl Jam
Evenflow - Pearl Jam
If you could only see - Tonic
Maybe - Candlebox
Cumbersome - 7 Mary Three
My Mama Said - Lenny Kravitz
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
Paul Revere - Beastie Boys
Girls - Beastie Boys
Motown Philly - Boyz 2 Men (gotta have harmonies)
End of the Road - Boyz 2 Men


No comments: