Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update on the hand and work

So it seems as though my hand problems may be over. By Monday it felt significantly better and yesterday and today I have felt no pain at all. I spoke with a friend of mine who is also a doctor (a liver pathologist, to be exact), and he suggested that when I did my new push-up excercise I injured a tendon. A subtle injury perhaps, but because the hand is so complex, a minor injury like that can cause pain in the entire hand. He also told me that tendons take much longer to heal than a muscle injury, which would explain the two weeks of pain. Since the pain is so completely and totally gone, I'm thinking this may be exactly what happened. We'll see.

I have gotten a couple of gigs. The first is a last minute booking for a dueling gig in VA. The guy who now books this room was one of the players I performed with in NC. Anyway, when I heard he was looking I called and he booked me on the spot. So that's this weekend. Then I got a two week gig for December in the Florida Keys at a New York style piano bar. I enjoy the keys and hopefully will get some diving in. That gig was just confirmed yesterday. I will be back in NY for Christmas.

Today I got a call from someone who wants to pass my name along to an entertainment director for a dueling bar in South East Asia! They are looking for an American player for at least 3 months. So far, I like the sound of it. I'd prefer not to go for 3 months, but heck, it's SE Asia. I love SE Asia! We'll see where this goes. (note: as I was typing this, I got an email from the ED from this room.)

I'm going to Philly to visit family over thanksgiving and I'm taking my roommate. I'll be back in time to catch my flight to VA on Friday.

No comments: