Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's delightful, it's delicious, it's delovely. (It's desarcasm)

About a week ago I noticed that my right hand had begun hurting. When I picked up a pot of water for the coffee it was especially painful. I've never had hand pain. Ever. And now all of a sudden it's been there for over a week, and it doesn't seem to be going away. Delightful. I thought it might have been a result of a new pushup exercise I did, but now I'm not so sure. And of course, I've already run the scenario in my head all the way to the very end, where I'm unable to work anymore, trying to get jobs for $50 singing in nursing homes, with my crippled hands hanging uselessly at my sides.

In related news, I have to make a decision on my health insurance soon. I have had catostrophic insurance for the past year, which has a rediculously high deductable before it kicks in, but I only pay $139/month. I have been very healthy this year and not had to go to the doctor but once. So suppose my hand is going to become an issue. Then maybe I should step up my insurance to the $400/month plan so I can afford the tests and drugs or surgery for the hand. Arthritis? Carpel Tunnel? Delovely.

And of course the world economy and the stock market is going to shit, and so is my retirement account along with it. This is not good. Not at all.

No comments: