Saturday, November 8, 2008

The end of the cruise

I’m at the very end of my 2 week contract. Tomorrow I leave to NYC via Detriot. I’m a bit concerned because my flight will have to somehow bypass this huge (now category 4) hurricane near Cuba. And I’m hoping that the blizzards that have afflicted the north central US won’t delay my flight to Detroit. I’m gonna guess that tomorrow will not be a smooth travel day.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time on this cruise. I could see me getting very bored in a 4 month contract. Maybe next time I’ll be able to do a 4 or 6 week contract. That would be the perfect amount of time. Now that I’ve found the piano in the chapel I have almost everything I need on board: free food, great accommodations, room service, internet, a nice gym, and a practice room. The only things missing are my boy and my close friends.

I ran into the Cruise Director yesterday in the hall and he told me that he wrote good things about me in his weekly report to corporate headquarters, which was crucial if I am ever to come back to work for this Cruise Line or be considered for other work from the international agent that booked me.

No comments: