Monday, November 3, 2008

Uncomfortable

The Wanderer has made a friend of Senior Assistant Cruise Director, “James” who is third in line from my boss, the Cruise Director, and directly below my day-to-day liason, the Deputy Cruise Director. He is mentioned in a previous entry. It’s important to understand that while James is not my supervisor, he has the ability to give significant input to the Cruise Director regarding my evaluation since James is always out on the floor managing the activities and entertainment on constant basis. In the crew bar the last couple nights James has always asked me how things were going, was I happy, and did I need anything, etc., etc. After the third night of such questioning, I made a joke about everything being great except that I haven’t had sex in almost 2 weeks. Big mistake. From that point forward, both him and his Latin dancer boyfriend came on very strong. We all ended up in a room party in a cabin on deck 11 belonging to one of the other Assistant Cruise Directors and I sat on the bed with 3 other people, a wall to my right and back, and a girl I didn’t know to my left. Within 3 minutes James made the girl move over and trapped me against the wall. James was drunk and kept repeating my cabin number. “You’re in cabin 444, right? I’d really like to come by your cabin tonight. Both me and my bf.” After laughing it off as a joke a couple times, I finally said, “No, that’s not happening.” He told me he understood, but yet he continued. By this time he had made himself quite comfortable with his head resting right in my lap and reached his hand around to touch my leg. The one time his hand wandered accidentally (on purpose) up towards my crotch I physically removed it in a manner that any sober person would clearly understood to mean “stop!” While he did not reach for my crotch again, he stayed with his head in my lap and, after a couple moments had passed, continued telling me how cute I was, blah, blah, blah. Aside from the fact that I wasn’t even remotely attracted to him or his boyfriend, I thought it arrogant of him to presume that because I haven’t had sex in 2 weeks, that I would want to have sex with him! It was an extremely awkward situation because the obvious thought in my head is that I don’t want to wound his pride with a direct rejection and piss him off, causing negative input on my professional evaluation. After enough time had passed so as not be considered rude, I finally managed to extricate myself from James’ head, the bed, and the room party and return to my cabin…alone!

No comments: